Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Cause & Effect

My day…

Wake up in a puddle of pee.
Fall down 4 stairs on my way to breakfast.
Throw my French Toast Sticks in the toilet.
Go to the Gym Childcare & immediately pinch one of my friends.
Tattle on myself to the Childcare worker & ask to be put in time-out.
After time-out #1, pinch another friend, tattle on myself & ask to be put in time-out.
After time-out #2, pinch another friend, tattle on myself & ask to be put in time-out.
After time-out #3, they page my Mom.
Elated to see her, I fess up to all of the shenanigans that have just transpired & say “I pinch, I go time-out, Mommy comes!”
Go to my Dad’s office to tell him about said incident at the Gym & spit all over the car window.
Take a long, quiet ride home because now BOTH parents are upset.
Fall off the chair while eating lunch.
Too damn upset to finish lunch, so I take a long nap.
Wake up from nap with a bloody nose.
Go to the bus stop to get my sister, slip on the ice & bruise my rear.
Make Valentine cards and manage to glue my finger in my ear & paper to my eyebrow.
Pee in my Mom’s rain boots.
Eat a big dinner (I was really hungry since my first two meals didn’t go so well).
Take a bath.
Get removed from the bath for dumping a mug of water on the floor.
Sit in the dark, quietly rocking with my Mom as she says our nightly prayers, hugs me & tells me she loves me. 


While I’m sleeping…

Mommy sits in the dark, in the tub with a washcloth on her eyes and a pitcher of Martinis.

1 comment:

  1. Wish I were there to help you recover from that Mar-Biggie of a day, La!

    ReplyDelete