Thursday, November 17, 2011

Going To School

Every morning, my Mom drags me to the bus stop to see my oldest sister off to school.  Now I don't know what this magical place is yet, but today I was determined to find out.
There are at least 40 kids waiting on the corner to squeeze onto the magic yellow tube, so I figured no one would notice if I made it 41.
I patiently waited in the back of the line, pretending to wave good bye to my sister and casually looking over my shoulder to see if I was in the clear.  The time had come; I saw an opening & I made my move.  Cutting off the poor soul that was about to step foot onto the bus, I finagled my way up the steps, only to be greeted by a very large "stop" hand & some words from a bus driver who's second language is barely English.
I think I could have made it past the smiley guard, but my Mom (the "buzz kill" queen) scooped me up, apologized, & led me back home.
Defeated, I wouldn't even hold that woman's hand.
Someday...Someday I'll get to that magical place called school & I'm sure I will never want to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment