Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Kid Friendly

Glad to see that my favorite restaurant has gone away from its original kid friendly environment and opted for a more sophisticated decorating scheme.  No more booths, just 3+ foot high backless, swivel stools at one long counter as well as free-standing (movable) leather bench/couches at shiny granite-like tables.
Brilliant.
Even the colors are tastefully neutral and sleek.  Oranges and browns have replaced the tired red and yellow of yesteryear.

What restaurant has smartly gone from kid's paradise to posh coffee house with free Wi-Fi?

McDonalds, of course!

While visiting this new hot-spot, my Mom sat my sisters and I in the brown leather bench/couch closest to the register so she could order our meals.
I decided to test the durability (and movability) of this sweet new piece of furniture and pushed it (with my two sisters on board) across the floor.  Being less than 3 feet tall, I didn't see the giant billboard sign advertising new "peppermint mochas".
The couch took out the sign, sending it crashing into a full mop bucket.  The mop handle then flung into the air, and like a bad game of "mouse trap" everything came collapsing to the floor.

With tears in her eyes, my Mom quietly said, "Make that order to go."

Luckily the manager thinks I'm "as cute as roly-poly" (whatever that means), and she couldn't resist my sincere "I sorry.  I clean up."

It didn't work nearly as well on my Mom.

PS ~ chicken nuggets don't taste nearly as good when they are served with a cold side of guilt.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, B! We really need to get a film crew to follow you with cameras. Now that Jon 86'd Kate and the 8 pluses that got them a TLC show, maybe the producers can find some real entertainment value in Ada!

    ReplyDelete