Monday, October 31, 2011

Mixed Messages

Just spent the evening in the most peculiar way.  My mom put me in a Mickey Mouse suit, gave me a bucket, and sent me out the door to go knocking on all of my neighbors door's asking for candy.  All I had to do was say "Trick-Or-Treat" then "Thank You".


WHAT?!
She spends 364 other days a year keeping candy from me and telling me to leave the neighbors alone.
Talk about mixed messages.
I am now trying to come out of the sugar coma from the 47 lbs of sugar I consumed in the form of full-size candy bars, multiple feet of licorice, and the 3 foot gummy-snake my mom got me.  That's right, the woman gave me three feet of chewy heaven & thought I would use my best judgement in "stopping when I had enough".  Don't you know "enough" to a two year old is when I fall to the floor in convulsions from the overdose of toxins.

Let's review...
1) Pretend to be somebody else. Check.
2) Get a bucket. Check.
3) Approach strangers and beg for food. Check.
4) As long as you say "Thank You", you can go to the next stranger and repeat step 3 until you're too cold to stay out any longer. Got it.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment